A new Evangelical Free Church of America Church Plant is coming to Normal Heights in October!
God is raising up a great leadership team and core group of believers to plant a new church at the Normal Heights Community Center (near Adams Avenue and 35th Street, San Diego) to see lives restored to Jesus by His radical grace to the glory of God.
Tom Logue (and his wife Ebony) has been leading worship with us during Matt’s sabbatical and is the worship leader of Restored Church. You know his heart of bringing praise to Jesus. We've grown fond of the Logues and are grateful to God for them.
Andy Rodgers is the young lead pastor of this movement of God that desires to plant other church-planting churches. You’ll have the chance to meet Andy and his wife Jackie on Sunday, August 26, at 9:00 and 10:35 a.m. as he opens God’s word with us. He has a passion to help people know and grow into fully devoted followers of Jesus.
Catch some of Andy’s passion for Jesus to work in San Diego:
Brad Sarian, here with his wife Sarah, oversees Community Groups and the discipleship process of Restored Church. He spends time shepherding and developing Community Group leaders and potential leaders. He preaches every few weeks and helps Andy Rodgers with anything that he needs in order to free him up for the continual vision casting and guiding of Restored Church.
We’re excited to partner with this Gospel-centered working of God in our community!
How can you partner even more with Restored Church?
1. Learn more about Restored Church, their dreams and vision here.
2. Join them on a Sunday evening in August and September. They are currently meeting Sunday evenings, 6:30 p.m. at our Lake Murray Evangelical Free Church. Feel free to join them, encourage them and be encouraged by the good news of Jesus and what He’s doing.
3. Come and worship with them on their Launch Sunday, October 7, 5:00 p.m.
4. Pray for them. Pray for Tom and Ebony. Pray for Andy and Jackie. Pray for Brad and Sarah. Pray for their launch, as they go public Sunday morning October 7. Pray for the people who God is preparing to see and hear the Gospel of Jesus in the Normal Heights area. As we’re studying “One Name,” the story of Jesus in Philippi, ask God to give them bold, clear, relevant words of the Good News, and that God would open hearts and begin a good work in men and women and young people in the Normal Heights community (Acts 16, Philippians 1:6).
5. Become part of their team! They need willing hands and hearts. Consider partnering with them for 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years! Contact Andy at email@example.com and share your heart to serve.
6. Give! We need to partner financially to help a baby church like this begin to walk, then run, then soar for Jesus. Paseo del Rey Church will be taking a special love offering for Restored Church on Sunday, September 16. Come prepared to share generously with them. And you can give on your own, now, right here.
Some may wonder, "aren’t there enough churches already? Why plant more churches when there are oodles of churches and many that are dying?" Good questions!
Tim Keller, the fine Pastor of Redeemer Church in the heart of New York City, after lots of study, has written a fine article entitled, Why Plant Churches. Here’s a brief summary from his full article:
The vigorous, continual planting of new congregations is the single most crucial strategy for 1) the numerical growth of the Body of Christ in any city, and 2) the continual corporate renewal and revival of the existing churches in a city. Nothing else--not crusades, outreach programs, para-church ministries, growing mega-churches, congregational consulting, nor church renewal processes--will have the consistent impact of dynamic, extensive church planting. This is an eyebrow raising statement. But to those who have done any study at all, it is not even controversial.
This is why we’re so excited about new church plants like the work of our Gin Lao and our Heart of Faith church plant, a new World Impact Church Plant in City Heights, Restored Church, and other church plants!