WEEK OF OCTOBER 25, 2020
NOTE FROM PASTOR SHELTON
This Sunday we will conclude our "Thy Kingdom Come" series with an evening of worship through song and Communion. Gloved volunteers will supply individually wrapped Communion elements to each desiring worshiper. It will be a powerful evening, so come with expectation as we glorify Christ the King together.
We are regathering for worship every Sunday evening on the front lawn at 5:00 p.m. Beginning Sunday, November 1, we will begin meeting at 4:00 p.m. In case of rain on any given Sunday, we will not have church outside on the lawn, but we will continue to livestream the service. We will send out an email on Sunday afternoon to let you know.
Here are the worship songs for Sunday! (Click)
Join us tomorrow morning, Saturday, October 24 for our Walk for Water and filter build. 8:30 a.m.
It's not too late to join us! We are raising money, growing awareness, and building water filters for 20 Liters, an organization that provides clean drinking water for families in Africa! As a church family we will be having a 5K walk, launching from Paseo del Rey Church's west side. You can walk spaced out with the group, or walk on your own separately. We are following Covid guidelines of social distancing and wearing masks.
Post-walk, around 9:30 - 9:45 a.m. on the Paseo del Rey Church's west lawn, we will team together, socially distanced, to build a portion of the filters. Join us for both the walk and build or for just a part of the morning. Either way, our aim is to be a blessing to those in need of clean water.
To register for the Walk or to donate to 20Liters click HERE
Spend Yourself Thanksgiving Project
We have a great opportunity to spend ourselves and bless others in Jesus' name by joining the San Diego Police Department's "Thanksgiving Turkey Meal Giveaway" in partnership with the NLPOA, Maranatha Church, Church 180, Love Thy Neighbor, Attorney's Office, and the officers of the SDPD Central Division and Southern Division. Our church will provide food for 75 of these meals for people the SDPD have given vouchers to. Sign-ups for the specific food items we're asking donations for will begin at the Hub table this Sunday, October 25th at our 5:00 p.m. worship service, and Sundays, November 1, 8 and 15th at our 4:00 p.m. worship service. If you're not able to attend the worship service in person and would like to donate, please call Mary in the church office, 619-421-7733 for a list of items.
Growth Groups Have Begun
Our Paseo Pathway study called Jesus People is a deep dive into the book of John. This is an 8 to 9 week study that began last week and will take us into December with groups taking off the week of Thanksgiving. If you are not already on the Pathway with a growth group or would like to join a new one, click HERE. To download the Paseo Pathway study, click HERE.
COMING UP AT PASEO
Congregational Information Meeting - Sunday, November 1, 10:00 am on Zoom. Contact the church office for Zoom credentials. This is an opportunity for you to meet our new elders and treasurer, and to seek clarification, ask questions and to give input on our Proposed 2021 Budget.
Congregational Meeting - Sunday, November 8, 4:00 p.m. at our outdoor worship service. We will be voting on our 2021 Proposed Budget, new elders and treasurer. We have mailed out ballots to be returned no later than Tuesday, November 3. Everyone who elected not to vote by mail will be given a chance to vote by ballot in person at the worship service.
Celebration of Life Service for Linda Bryant, Saturday, November 21, at 2:00 p.m. on the church lawn. We will live streaming the service as well. Please bring your own chair and wear a mask. Thank you for your prayers for the Bryant family.
Our Church Library - We have found that over the past five years our church library has not been used very much. We feel that space could be better used as a prayer and counseling room and have decided to dismantle the library. We are thankful to have had this resource for so long and are excited to see how God will work in that space.
We are offering any of the resources, books, DVDs and bookcases free to any of you who would like them. You can peruse the library a couple different ways. Stop by this Sunday, October 25th at our 5:00 p.m. worship service on the lawn (one family unit in the library at a time, please), or call the church office, 619-421-7733 to schedule a time, Tuesday - Friday.
The Neighborhood Initiative - Several weeks ago we canvased this neighborhood just south of J street to help identify physical and social needs. We have several opportunities to respond as we have heard back from a couple people. Please contact Mary in the church office at email@example.com or call 619-421-7733 for more information or to volunteer.
Our message is simple, "neighbors care for one another, how can we care for you?" As the needs arise, please be prepared and ready to volunteer talents, time, and resources to help love our Paseo neighbors in meaningful ways.
THIS WEEK AT PASEO (click each for more details)
- We are excited that Paseo Kids is going to connect again in person this Sunday at 5:00 p.m. Paseo Kid's service will be held on the east side lawn while the adult service will be on the west side. To ensure everyone's safety, social distancing will be practiced, face masks will be required, and check-in areas will be touchless. Please email Ryan Newcomb, Paseo Kids Director for more information or if you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Halloween Family Hangout - See flyer above with all the details. Come out and join the fun!
- Wednesday evenings -Beginning Wednesday, October 28th, from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. we will be meeting in person on Wednesday nights for our large group sessions on the east side lawn until the end of the year. Wednesday night, mid-week meetings consist of fun, socially distanced games and activities as well as biblical teaching. We are currently in a series on thankfulness called, "Taste and See," where students are proclaiming how they have seen how the Lord has been good to them. We are excited to have you join us!
For those who are unable to join us in person, we will also run Zoom online so students can still be involved in our gathering time. A volunteer will be monitoring the chat so students can ask questions and participate in the evening's teaching. For Zoom information, contact Carlo@paseodelrey.org
If you would like to get on the email list, contact Paseo Student Ministry leader Carlo Gucilatar at Carlo@paseodelrey.org or Instagram @paseostudents
- Saturday Morning at 7:30am in the Paseo parking lot. Bring your own seating and coffee! The guys are currently discussing readings from the book, My Utmost For His Highest, by Oswald Chambers.
- This support group is for the broken -- that's all of us! Anyone who has been affected by hurts, habits or addictions are welcome. Saturday Morning at 9:00am. Bring a chair and your mask as we'll meet outside.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- SILENT VOICES is in urgent need of a registered nurse for a part-time position at their pregnancy resource center. If you're an RN or know of an RN with a current CA license that may have interest in helping women as they make life-changing decisions, please contact SharonPearce@silentvoices.org or call 619-422-0757. More information is also available here. Silent Voices is a Jesus-centered ministry in Chula Vista which loves women with unplanned pregnancies. We have partnered with Silent Voices for many years.
As we continue to "spur one another on to love and good deeds" we are picking a local restaurant to support each week to try to help the owners stay afloat in these difficult times. To have more of an impact and relationship with the places we have visited over the past weeks, we are now cycling back to some of these same restaurants.
This week's Paseo Loves Local is: Fatte's Pizza
Fatte's Pizza is a family owned and operated, casual, local pizza chain. They have 2-for-1 pies, subs, wings & sides.
Otay Lakes Plaza
1550 East H St.
Chula Vista, CA 91913
Hours: 11am - 8pm
Pickup or delivery via grubhub, doordash, ubereats, etc.