WEEK OF JULY 19, 2020
A NOTE FROM PASTOR SHELTON
Hi friends, it was truly wonderful seeing many of you on Sunday. It made my heart happy to once again be in your presence. We are not meant to live in isolation, but in community as our triune God lives in community which is why I think it is vital to the health of our souls for us to continue to connect with each other both digitally and in person.
I’m excited to let you know that our next Growth Group session will begin on August 9th. Our groups will continue to utilize Zoom as the primary means for meeting. I know, I know, you're tired of Zoom. Me too! But, as we studied this past Sunday, we can't give up meeting with one another. We need each other and our devotion to one another must stay strong. If you do not have a Growth Group or would like to connect with a new one, now is a perfect time. You can sign up for a group by clicking here.
THIS WEEK AT PASEO (click each for more details)
- PASEO KIDS VBS FAMILY CAMP! - Family Camp registration is open! Family Camp is a Vacation Bible Study style event that is designed for the whole family. It will be held on the church front lawn on three Tuesday evenings: July 21, July 28, and August 4. Family check-in will begin at 5:30 p.m. and all the fun will be from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. All ages are welcome, but the lessons and activities will be geared towards preschool and elementary age groups. Since we don't want parents to miss out on the fun, this is a non-drop off event. Please ensure your family brings a Bible, is wearing face masks, brings water bottles, and something to sit on. You may also bring a pop-up tent and small shade structure along with anything else you will need for being outside for about an hour. Click HERE for more details, a chance to volunteer or loan us some items that go along with our theme, and our link to register your family. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- SATURDAY MORNING MEN'S FELLOWSHIP - Saturday Morning at 7:30am in the Paseo parking lot. Bring your own seating and coffee! The guys are currently discussing readings from the book, My Utmost For His Highest, by Oswald Chambers.
- VINE LIFE SUPPORT GROUP - This support group is for the broken -- that's all of us! Anyone who has been affected by hurts, habits or addictions are welcome. Saturday Morning at 9:00am. Bring a chair and your mask as we'll meet outside.
- PASEO KIDS - On Sunday, July 19, Kids' Small Groups will continue as normal, same times and information. Parents, please check your email or contact us for more details. Ryan@paseodelrey.org
- PASEO STUDENTS - Sunday Night zoom hangout.
- PASEO STUDENTS - Wednesday Night zoom hangout. Paseo students is beginning a new series called #Blessed to #Blessing. We are excited to see how God would use our time to develop in our students a heart to love and serve those around them. Join me in praying this simple prayer these next few weeks: "Jesus, develop in my student a heart to love those around them like you do."
Our first Paseo Loves Local project was a huge success. The owners of Hungry Hanks had their single largest day of sales ever and send their sincere thankfulness to the folks of Paseo. This Wednesday, July 22 we will be supporting JJ's Island Grindz, a Hawaiian restaurant in Bonita (4154 Bonita Road behind Wells Fargo). These folks have been supplying free meals to frontline medical workers and we would like to bless them as well. Make plans to have lunch or dinner at JJ’s this Wednesday, July 22 and LET'S LOVE LOCAL!
PROJECT HOSPITALITY UPDATE
Thank you for your continued support of Project Hospitality! We are moving forward with the project, and are excited to let you know that the drawings and specs have been completed and are being submitted to the City of Chula Vista for plan check.