WEEK OF 7.5.20
A NOTE FROM PASTOR SHELTON
Happy 4h of July weekend to you and your family. This is also the first Sunday of the month and we will celebrate Communion together. I think these two events coinciding on the same weekend is needed for us. It is a weekend filled with celebration for the freedoms we share as a country. I'm prayerful that it will be a means for some relational healing as a nation. However, as Christians we know that there is a deeper freedom still that we will be celebrating on Sunday. A freedom that many have yet to discover. A freedom that can only come through the power of Christ's redemptive work on the cross.
Jesus frees us from the power of sin, from the weight of religious laws, and ultimately from death itself. Yet, how many of our neighbors, coworkers, family members, and strangers on the streets still toil under the slavery of their sinful nature? How many cry out for rest from the tyranny of destruction that prevades this fallen world? As we celebrate the death that brings us life on Sunday, may we also double down on our mission to see our city transformed by the Gospel! There are so many around us who have yet to taste the deep freedom of the soul that only Christ's victory can bring.
"13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love." - Galatians 5:13
Good news! The state has loosened the restrictions for outdoor worship services! We have opened back up our registrations for our Family Reunion service to now allow for 120 people at each service. If you didn't get a chance to register for a service yet, please do so now! It is important that we register each person in attendance to ensure that our numbers still allow for proper distancing. Click here to register.
THIS WEEK AT PASEO (click each for more details)
- SATURDAY MORNING MEN'S FELLOWSHIP - Saturday Morning at 7:30am in the Paseo parking lot. Bring your own seating and coffee! The guys are currently discussing readings from the book, My Utmost For His Highest, by Oswald Chambers.
- VINE LIFE SUPPORT GROUP - This support group is for the broken -- that's all of us! Anyone who has been affected by hurts, habits or addictions are welcome. Saturday Morning at 9:00am in room 102.
- PASEO KIDS - There will be one Online Small Group Sunday, July 5 at 10:00am for grades 1 - 6. On Sunday, July 19 Kids' Small Groups will continue as normal, same times and information. Parents, please check your email or contact us for more details. Ryan@paseodelrey.org
- PASEO STUDENTS - Sunday Night zoom hangout.
- PASEO STUDENTS - Wednesday Night zoom hangout. Paseo students is beginning a new series called #Blessed to #Blessing. We are excited to see how God would use our time to develop in our students a heart to love and serve those around them. Join me in praying this simple prayer these next few weeks: "Jesus, develop in my student a heart to love those around them like you do."
COMING UP AT PASEO
- 2 NEW DISCIPLESHIP CLASSES! - These classes will meet on campus at Paseo and will follow social distancing guidelines. Click below to find out more and to sign up today.
- PASEO FAMILY REUNION! - We will be having two worship services on Sunday, July 12. We cannot wait to see everyone and to worship together corporately once again. Each service will be limited to 120 total attenders so please click here to reserve your spot for worship. We will abide by all social distancing guidelines and you will be required to wear a mask. Please bring your own seating, hats and sunscreen. Children will stay with their family for the duration of the worship service.
- PASEO KIDS VBS - That's right! Plans are also in the works for a Family VBS in the month of July. Save the dates! Family Camp is coming Tuesday evenings, July 21st, July 28th, and August 4th. That's right--three fun-filled Tuesday nights for the whole family to enjoy! You don't want to miss it. Registration opens soon. More details to come.